Solid progress continues to be made on a number of fronts at Derby Cathedral School, and we are pleased to share with you a brief update on the latest developments.
The Project Steering Group has been working with the Department for Education (DfE), the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Derby City Council to ensure that we are on track at this stage of the project phase. The focus of our work has of course been on identifying the best site for Derby Cathedral School, with consideration to location, access, size and overall feasibility. Being a city centre location, this has not been an easy task but we have been able to focus on a shortlist of options from a long list on which the EFA have been carrying out technical and financial assessments.
We are unable to share details at this stage as the EFA stipulates that the details of potential locations must be kept confidential until a site has been secured, but rest assured that we are working hard towards achieving this as soon as possible. Once the site has been secured and once the time needed for obtaining planning permission and completing any necessary building works or refurbishment has been assessed, we will be in a position to share details of the proposed location and also the proposed opening date of Derby Cathedral School.
The Project Steering Group has been undertaking the workstreams as required by the DfE, and we are pleased to report that we are on course with no issues to date. We are currently developing concepts around the curriculum, the school’s branding and policies, and over the coming weeks, we will start to consider plans for headteacher recruitment and consultation with the communities that Derby Cathedral School will serve.
We will share all of this with you as soon as we possibly can and following the appropriate decision protocols. In the meantime, we really value your ongoing support and hope that you continue to be as excited as we are about working towards opening Derby Cathedral School.
Derby Cathedral School Team