Safeguarding and Child Protection
Derby Cathedral School aims to ensure that:
- appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to safeguard and promote children's welfare
- all staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding
- staff are properly trained in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues
We have a Safeguarding Policy which can be viewed and downloaded on the 'Policies' section of the website. Paper copies are available on request. This policy sets out in full how we keep students safe.
If you have concerns about a pupil of the school or the conduct of a staff member, the designated staff are:
- Mr R Hoy: Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs J Nethercott: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr M Chapple: SENDCO
You can report a concern to the school in person at the school reception by asking for any of the above staff, or in their absence by telephoning us on 01332 325710 or by emailing us email@example.com
Please note that the safeguarding email will only be checked during term time.
If you believe that a child is at immediate risk of harm and in need of protection then you should call the Police by dialling 999 straight away.
Alternatively if you want advice from Derbyshire Police and the young person is not in immediate need of protection, you should dial 101.
Children's Social Care in Derby
Social Care have a duty team to help you talk about concerns you have and take action to make children safe. The social care staff can always be asked for advice if you are not sure about a situation.
- During normal working days between 9 am and 5 pm they can be contacted on 01332 641172
- At all other times concerns can be discussed with Careline who can be contacted on 01332 786968
Thinkuknow is the education programme from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which protects children both online and offline with excellent information and resources for both students and parents & carers.